Garrett Sutton is an attorney, best-selling author and one of Robert Kiyosaki's Rich Dad Advisors. Garrett has over thirty-five years experience in assisting individuals and businesses to limit their liability, protect their assets, implement advantageous corporate structures and advance their financial goals. A clear and engaging writer, Garrett authors various books that demystify legal topics and presents them in an understandable and accessible manner.
Garrett is the author of Start Your Own Corporation, Loopholes of Real Estate, Writing Winning Business Plans, Buying and Selling a Business, Run Your Own Corporation, The ABCs of Getting Out of Debt, Scam-Proof Your Assets, and his newest book, Veil Not Fail in the Rich Dad Advisor Series. Garrett is also the author of How to Use Limited Liability Companies and Limited Partnerships, Toxic Client, and Finance Your Own Business, which he co-authored with credit expert Gerri Detweiler.
Garrett is the owner and operator of Corporate Direct and Sutton Law Center, which since 1990 has provided clients from around the world with asset protection and corporate formation and maintenance services. Robert Kiyosaki, the best-selling author of Rich Dad, Poor Dad calls Garrett and Corporate Direct "the premiere source for asset protection strategies." Garett attended Colorado College and the University of California at Berkeley, where he received a B.S. in Business Administration in 1975. He graduated with a J.D. in 1978 from Hastings Law, the University of California's law school in San Francisco. He has appeared in the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, and various other publications. Garrett enjoys speaking on asset protection strategies and is a frequent lecturer for business groups and the Rich Dad Advisors educational series.
We chat about:
- The need for asset protection - we live in a litigious society
- Piercing the Corporate Veil
- The good, bad, and ugly entities - the importance of using the right one and how to decide between them all
- His experiences and horror stories surrounding entity selection - a topic not taught in school
- LLCs vs Corporations for real estate - understanding the difference and knowing which one to choose
- His mission and work as author, including his books that are part of the best-selling Rich Dad, Poor Dad, wealth building book series
LIKE • SHARE • JOIN • REVIEW
- Join the REI Mastermind Network on Locals!
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
SUPPORT THE SHOW!
- Self Managing Your Rental Properties? Get 6 months of RentRedi for $1! Click this link!
- Get Exclusive Content on Patreon! • https://www.patreon.com/reimastermind
- Get $10 and Reduce Your Business Costs by Shopping at AppSumo • https://bit.ly/reiappsumo
- Get $10 Towards Your First Purchase at Drop • https://drop.com/?referer=3DC729
"You can invest 10,000 hours and become an expert or learn from those who have already made that investment." - Jack